[Kde-accessibility] Re: [orca-list] qt-at-spi on Arch Linux

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:14:14 CEST 2011

Hi,
I mentioned Arch Linux because that's the distro I'm building on, in
case that helps anyone. I primarily want to build qt-at-spi and get it
working on my own system for testing purposes. I also had planned to
upload an *unsupported* PKGBUILD file to the Arch User Repository (AUR),
which is somewhat similar to the PPA's on Ubuntu, once I was able to get
it working. However, if this is a problem, and if unsupported package
build scripts shouldn't be made for testing, I can forego that step, and
simply test on my own. However, I would like to emphasize the point that
I'm *not* an official Arch developer, and the PKGBUILD file would be
uploaded to an *unsupported* repository where user submitted build
scripts are made available for people to build their own unoficial
packages, many times for testing purposes, and this would give
interested users the chance to more easily test the current state of
qt-at-spi. The script is set up to clone the git repo on the user's
computer and build qt-at-spi from there just as the user testing it
would do, the difference being that the files are managed by the package
management system, so that it can be easily removed or upgraded as
changes are made.
~Kyle