[Kde-accessibility] Re: accessibility problem for visual impairment

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 20:38:55 CEST 2011

2011/4/24 Jeremy Whiting <jpwhiting at kde.org>:
> As with qt-atspi to use any Qt accessibility in linux you have to have
> QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1 in your environment before starting a qt application to
> enable qt accessibility.
>
> Tried that here and it actually works pretty well (kaccessible). KAccessible
> itself has been in kdeaccessibility since July 2010, so it was part of the
> 4.6 release iirc.

Tried that now.  It reads menus.  For text, it just says some numbers.
 At least, in Konqueror it just told me  25 60 89 76 50 32 when I went
to kde.org, and in Konsole it just tole me "42" when I typed "ls".  In
KCalc it said the numbers as I tabbed over them, but for x cubed it
told me "x sub 3 slash sub" and when I used the space bar to activate
the 9 button, it said "6".  Also, is there a way to make it echo?

So, is this at-spi? Or is this some homegorwn thing?

--
Mackenzie Morgan