[Kde-accessibility] Git migration

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Wed Dec 15 00:27:04 CET 2010

Hello all,

As you may or may not know, the git migration is scheduled for after 4.6.0
is tagged.  Ian Monroe has been working on svn2git rules for kdelibs and
kdebase migration.  We have rules for kdeaccessibility to migrate, but a
second (or a few more) people to look at them would be a good thing imo.  I
can put the result of the rules up on scratch space on git.kde.org if
someone wants to take a look at the resulting repository.

Another question we need to decide as a group (or Gunnar could dictate I
suppose) is whether we want a single repository for kdeaccessibility, or if
we want to take this opportunity to split the module into one repository per
application.  On one hand split repositories make it easier for people to
get involved with bugfixing of individual applications because a git clone
of one application is smaller than a git clone of the whole module. On the
other hand our module is not very big to begin with.  On one hand our
applications don't share a lot besides being accessibility tools, so such a
split wont be a hard thing technically for our module I believe.  I also
wonder if simon moving into kde accessibility module might be a bit easier
if we are already split repositories under one meta repository at
packages.kde.org.

Thoughts? Opinions? The current rules are meant for a single repository, but
that can be easily changed if we decide we want to be split.

Best Regards,
Jeremy