[Kde-accessibility] Re: new suggestion, images instaid of fonts

wofgdkncxojef at gmail.com wofgdkncxojef at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:45:01 CET 2010

I don't think that asking this directly to kdelibs or something will work for
political reasons. Maybe if it was the Kde-accessibility project that asked
it, it would be beater.

Real color fonts are too much work at this stage of the idea. I'm more in
favor of a simple hack, in order to prove the usefulness of the concept. To
have an experimental feature and weight for feed back from users.

world context conversion?
I think you misunderstood, install the demonstration greasemonkey script.
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/92355
Its individual letters A-B-C..., not whole words. Just ignore my crazy
article, it only confused you. For example an "A" is replaced with a image of
an ananas, "B" with a banana, etc..., or anything you want depending on your
needs.

From earlier i forget. As a bare minimum, it would be nice to add the ability
to KDE, to choose colors for individual letters and a separate individual
color for there background. My script can do that too. I don't think that
technically that thing is very demanding.

My suggestion doesn't need to be done "properly". An ugly inefficient hack is
fine too.

On technical implementation: The simple control of colors of individual
letters and there background, i'm guessing should be relatively painless. If
it gets overridden here and there, it doesn't matter for now. The image
substitution part is more low level, but i'm guessing that if you insert an
image instead of the font (still treated, but ignored) it could be done in
some lines. Just need something that barely works.

Was this or something similar ever discussed before? I don't think so.