[Kde-accessibility] is a more natural-sounding speech program on the horizon?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Nov 26 21:43:33 CET 2008

	The other day I listed to synthesized speech on a website and it
	blew me away.  Yes, festival does a fair job except for words
	over grade-school level.  (It stumbled on words with apostrophes
	that are usually encoded with a triplet-prefix, like 0xe2-0x80,
	0x90.)  With work in editing my festival pronounciation
	configuration filter, these things may be fixable.)

	So Q1: can anybody point me to these types of filters?  And
	any guesses regarding a better kind of synthesizer.

	thanks in advance, people,

	gary kline