[Kde-accessibility] how blue must blue be for blue-on-yellow color scheme?

Peter Korn Peter.Korn at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 30 04:29:37 CET 2008

Hi Matthew,
> Olaf Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I also believe we should add a few well-looking colour schemes that are
>> typical for the kind of choices many partially sighted users make.
>>

> Snipping your detailed comments (thanks!), have you seen the Zion
> schemes? (They are installed by kdeaccessibility.) These were meant to
> be ports of the black/white high contrast schemes (admitedly, with a bit
> more color; it sounds like for 4.1 maybe I should tone down the
> difference of the various "extra" roles versus normal?).
>
> I guess we are missing the low-contrast scheme. (I wonder, wouldn't it
> make more sense to turn down the monitor brightness? Not that I'm
> against making one as such, but it seems like monitor fiddling would
> help with e.g. images as well.)

In the GNOME world, we haven't seen much call for the low contrast
schemes.  It may not be worth doing much work to bring them into KDE,
unless you know of specific users who will benefit from them.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.