[Kde-accessibility] Adding color-blindness "helpers" and simulation to kmag [ping Olaf]

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 24 21:08:28 CET 2008

Ok, so I think everyone (on this list anyway) knows my current "pet
project" by now... I'd like to add color manipulation to kmag.

Currently I have color blindness simulation using something of a
hodge-podge of algorithms since the best paper I have isn't quite
complete and I've had to do some reverse engineering from output of
other simulators.

Eventually I intend to re-add the 'invert' feature from KDE3 (I guess it
was removed to reduce complexity i.e. not do any image processing, but
might as well re-add it now that much more complex processing will be
available) and to add a daltonize mode (probably the one from [1]).
Probably other modes i.e. using libcolorblind should be added as well,
though I'm not sure how motivated I'll be to do that myself.

I'll post a patch before committing the sim code, but I'd like to get a
feel because first I want to commit some whitespace cleanup so I can get
clean patches without having to thwap kate all the time.

Thoughts? At the very least, is it OK to do the whitespace cleanup?

--
Matthew