[Kde-accessibility] No "show keyboard status" indicator in KDE4

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Sun Dec 14 02:54:06 CET 2008

On Saturday 13 December 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Sorry for the late response, I have been swamped.

np, I have the same prob atm cause x-mas did start to eat my free time
already ;)

> As I am using the Neon packages for the latest KDE, this is what I tried:
>
> ety at intrepid-desktop:~/keyboardLeds$ cmake
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde-nightly && echo "yes"
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
> -- Found Qt-Version 4.4.3 (using /opt/project-neon/bin/qmake)
> CMake Error at /opt/kde-nightly/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindX11.cmake:389
> (MESSAGE):
>   Could not find X11
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   /opt/kde-nightly/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake:1460
> (FIND_PACKAGE)
> /opt/kde-nightly/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake:283
> (find_package)
>   /usr/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:81 (FIND_PACKAGE)
>   CMakeLists.txt:3 (find_package)

> ety at intrepid-desktop:~/keyboardLeds$
>

> Why does it not find X11? What should I do from here? I could not find
> anything on Google that seemed related.

Looks as you need to install the X11 developer-packages. It may the easiest
way to take a look at
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4#Required_packages_from_your_distribution
and just install the list of developer-packages for your distribution listed
at the link above. That's needed anyway if you plan to also compile other
things your own in the future.
If you are OpenSuse-user, then OpenSuse 11.1 does contain the Keyboard Status
Applet already (see http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3746).

I hope that helps.