[Kde-accessibility] problem with screenreader

aquila aquila at anche.no
Mon Apr 28 17:42:02 CEST 2008

Hello, I'm an Italian blind user and I'm looking
for a screenreader or text-to-speech application
that could allow me to use graphical application
such a web browser, a newsgroup reader,
OpenOffice...
I configurated kttsd with the Italian voice of
Festival but I encountered a problem that make
that application almost useless: if I try to have
read long texts (for example an entire web page
or a long post) it does not speak at all, it
speaks and works only with short texts. I also
installed gnopernicus in kde but I cannot make it
speak. I have kubuntu and kde 3.5.8. Could you
help me? Could you give me some instructions
(more precise possible becouse of my blindness)
to make work on kde a screenreader?
aquila at anche.no