[Kde-accessibility] curent state of kttsd infromation request

Jeremy Whiting jeremy at scitools.com
Wed Nov 14 22:15:51 CET 2007

Sebastian Sauer wrote:
>> whats the current state of kttsd for kde4/qt4
>> is it ready for testing ?
>> is it still maintaned ?
>> any major problems or bugs
>>

> since so far nobody else did reply; just a few days ago I saw some commits
> related to kttsd, so seems work is going on on it :)
> I guess quit a few ppl are on there way to prepare the KDE 4.0 release what
> means mostly trying to fix bugs rather then improving things.

Actually, David sent this e-mail after I came  into irc asking about the
status of things.  I took the silence from this e-mail and my finding of
some bugs in kttsd as motivation to fix some.  So those checkins were
myself and Oliver (knotify dude) trying to make sure things are somewhat
functional for the 4.0 release. :)
>> also by the way the irc channel #kde-accessibility on freenode is still
>> going
>> although it has been quiet the last few months  you have 2 beta testers
>> there and no developers seem to frequent it
>>

> probably that's also related to 4.0 which atm means to try to concentrate only
> on the most dirty things aka release-critical bugs.
>
>> it can be a bit disconcerting not knowing whats happening when asked

What I understand from speaking with some on irc #kde4-devel etc. is
that Gary is no longer able to work on this, but has done some
iterations of porting it to kde4 (back when kde4 libs were still
unstable) and just probably needs a bit of touch up to get it up to par
for the release (at least that's what I've experienced personally in
trying to use kttsd in kde4 so far :)

Any help is appreciated, and I plan only to focus on bugs at this point,
but if wanted/needed, I'll take on more as time permits.

Jeremy Whiting (jpwhiting)