[Kde-accessibility] KDE access utility tool has disabled my keyboard

WILLIAM NAYLAND w.nayland at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 14 00:33:13 CET 2007

As you know, on linux, loosing your keyboard is a killer. I cannot use any diagnostic facility requiring keyboard input ie. everthing except mouse input is dead.
  Attempts to contact the appropriate team through your website to warn them of the hazard are frustrated by the site telling me that my version, KDE-3.4.2 is out of date. so I'm blocked on that route.

  The sequence of what happened, is that while using Inkscape it was necessary to keep the control and/or the shift keys pressed for longer than KDE liked.
  It came up with a message headed KDE Accessibilty Tool which offered to deactivate all AccessX  feature and gestures. Like the trusting fool I am I clicked on it. Silly me.No keyboard.

  I think, as a matter of urgency,  the Accessibilty team might give a health warning with that  particular offer message.

  It would be very nice if someone could tell me what to reset and how it can be done from root.

  Thank you for your time and attention.

  You do nice work.

  Bill Nayland