[Kde-accessibility] D-Bus-based accessibility API

Richard Schwerdtfeger schwer at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 30 16:29:23 CEST 2007

Hi Olaf,

That would be fantastic. Please make sure Pete and Janina are cc'd on your
comparison.

Cheers,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             Olaf Schmidt
             <ojschmidt at kde.or
             g>                                                         To
                                       kde-accessibility at kde.org
             08/30/2007 05:32                                           cc
             AM                        Richard
                                       Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM at IBMUS,
                                       janina at rednote.net, Harald
                                       Fernengel <harald at trolltech.com>,
                                       Knut Yrvin <kyrvin at trolltech.com>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: D-Bus-based accessibility API

Hi Rich!

In the meantime I had a look at Trolltech's D-Bus sources and have started
compare them with the IAccessible2 and AT-SPI APIs.

My first impression is that there is a very large common set of APIs that
is
shared by all three, some APIs that are individual to only one of the
three,
and some APIs that are missing on one of the three.

If this is true, then I am concerned myself, but it is more likely that I
did
not fully and correctly understand the IAccessible2 approach.

I am waiting for Trolltech to answer my questions before I publish the
comparision.

Olaf