[Kde-accessibility] OpenOffice and KDE4 Accessiibilty [was: Orca/KDE Integration]

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Wed Sep 6 19:44:15 CEST 2006

Hi Bill!

The Qt integration of OpenOffice aims to make OpenOffice blend in nicely with
KDE. Of course it makes sense for the integration code to also support
accessibility features.

Is the Java accessibility bridge independent of the widget style that is used
in OpenOffice, i.e. does it run both with the Gtk and the Qt integration
code? If this is the case, then I agree that extra work would be totally
unnecessary here. Otherwise I see no reason to discourage the KDE integration
developers from considering accessibility in their code - even if OpenOffice
could use Gtk as an accessibility fallback for KDE in the short term.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of