[Kde-accessibility] OpenOffice and KDE4 Accessiibilty [was: Orca/KDE Integration]

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Fri Sep 1 20:25:34 CEST 2006

[ Éric Bischoff ]
> See
> 	http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/contrast.html

That link doesn't work.

> The toolbar handles and the combo box frame are invisible (black on black),
> but now in KMail I can't see the toolbar handles nor the combo boxes frames
> either. So OpenOffice.org and KDE basically behave the same in this
> respect...

KMail should be OK if you select "HighContrast" in kcontrol > Appearance &
Themes > Style

All these colour/font/icon settings can be selected together via
"HighContrast" in kcontrol > Appearance & Themes > Theme Manager (but safe
your own theme before selecting anything, otherwise it is not easy to restore
your own preferred settings).

> The ruler remains black on white background. So it becomes the thing you
> see the most on the screen. It's still usable though.

Well, the numbers that are outside of the ruler are black on black, as well as
the icon for selecting the tab sort. Also, some people cannot read black text
on a white background. Large bright areas hurt their eyes. The KDE colours
really ought to be picked up here.

> The scroll bar is invisible, yes. But in KMail it's the same problem.

Not with the HighContrast style.

> Would you agree with that description? If yes I let you submit it in
> IssueZilla ;-). The address is
> 	http://qa.openoffice.org/servlets/ProjectIssues

OK, I will do so.

> Anyway, this setting is not picked from KDE, and that looks to me like a
> bug. A real KDE integration bug, this time... I can file the issue, if you
> want.

Yes, please do so.

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of