[Kde-accessibility] Accessible objects without Atk dependencies

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Thu Mar 30 14:29:00 CEST 2006

> 1) use the existing CSPI bindings and link to libspi/libcspi
> (pulling in
> the GNOME stuff in anticipation that the dependencies incurred will be
> reduced over time - and help us reduce them).  This would make the
> "KDE"
> ATs use the shared backend when we as a community are ready to
> migrate,
> or an alternate backend when one is available); or
>
> 2) use the AT-SPI python bindings, or have KDE AT developers write in
> Python.

IMO, the AT-SPI Python bindings are the AT-SPI IDL itself.  That is,
one can speak "pure" AT-SPI IDL via PyBonobo, which is something I
prefer.  In Orca, we try to restrict this to a single python module
as much as possible, but I think there would still be a significant
setback if the use of IDL were dropped.

Will