[Kde-accessibility] Orca/KDE Integration

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Aug 31 12:58:23 CEST 2006

Hi Bill!

[ Bill Haneman ]
> >I removed the first possibility, since the extention of Qt Accessibility
> > has already been made.
>
> Well, I disagree with that.  We should list all possibilities even if
> some decisions seem to have been made, otherwise I don't think we can
> have a clear discussion about the decision making process. If #1 has been
> rejected, it should still be discussed and the reasons for rejecting it
> documented in the Wiki.

I listed the reasons in the section of background facts:
* The work to extend Qt Accessibility has already been made.
* Qt Accessibility is portable.

I could add:
* All KDE widgets are subclasses of Qt widgets and inherit Qt Accessibility
support.
* Qt Accessibility offers everything that we need for AT-SPI support, so it
doesn't seem to make sense implementing atk support twice.

But I am probably missing something here. What exactly would be the technical
difference between #1 and #2?

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of