[Kde-accessibility] Click and Drag

Deri James deri at chuzzlewit.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 27 02:12:38 CEST 2005

All physical disabilities pose different problems, in my case I have problems
with fine motor control.

There is one area of KDE which can cause me some frustration. Menu Items are
now draggable (with cursor showing whether what you are dragging to is
sensible or not (the "no entry" sign)), however, due to my hand shake, a
single click is often detected as the start of a drag.

Quite often this "drag" is a very short distance (often to itself), but
because this drag is "illegal" (no entry sign) the whole menu structure is
destroyed and I have to start again from the beginning.

Is it feasible to add the following 2 rules to the logic for click & drag:-

	If "drag" is to itself: treat as an activation (i.e. single click).

	If "drag" is to another illegal area (no entry): ignore and keep menu "open".

If either of these were implemented it would be a big help for me.

I look forward to hearing your views on this.

Cheers

Deri