[Kde-accessibility] PDF accessibility

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 1 12:42:43 CEST 2005

I don't believe an XML conversion would help here.  What is needed is a
PDF viewer component/canvas that is able to report character positions
as well as string content.  Only the rendering component can know this
for sure - converting the content defeats the purpose of knowing where
the "regular/normal" output is rendered to the screen.

This is one of the key things that the at-spi interfaces provide, and
AFAICS the requirement can't be satisfied without building it into the
canvas.

thanks

Bill