[Kde-accessibility] Info about kde acessibility project

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at sun.com
Tue May 24 17:01:20 CEST 2005

Hi Sauro:

For linux braille support you may want to try brltty.  It is a
console-mode interface, and doesn't interact with the KDE gui.

KDE plans to support braille-enabled screenreaders such as gnopernicus
and orca, but the current versions of KDE do not include this support
yet.   If you want braille access to the graphical Linux desktop now,
you can try a recent version of GNOME, which should work with
gnopernicus and orca.  Gnopernicus can use brltty for its braille
output, so there is support for most braille devices available.  Most
GNOME distributions include gnopernicus now, though in some cases the
default versions of some accessibility packages are broken and you may
need to upgrade.

best regards,

Bill Haneman