[Kde-accessibility] KTTS and aKode

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Mon Jun 13 04:18:57 CEST 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 07:54 pm, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> The latest version of KTTS can output to aRts, GStreamer, or ALSA.
>
> aKode can be added to KTTS very easily,

I've added the aKode plugin, but there are problems:

There are two problems right now (12 Jun 2005) that prevent this from being
usable for KTTS:

1.  There's a bug in aKode that prevents it from playing .wav files.  Apply
    decoderpluginhandler.diff to
     kdemultimedia/akode/lib/decoderpluginhandler.cpp
    and rebuild kdemultimedia/akode/lib.  Waiting for carewolf to apply this
    patch.

2.  aKode doesn't instantly stop when calling pause() or stop().
    See bug:107135.

If you want to try this plugin, add --enable-kttsd-akode to ./configure
command.

If the problems above aren't addressed, this plugin should probably be removed
from KTTS.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer