[Kde-accessibility] KTTS and aKode

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar at schmi-dt.de
Tue Jun 7 11:13:44 CEST 2005

Hello Gary,

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 01:54, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> [...]
> aKode can be added to KTTS very easily, as there is already an aKode
> plugin for juk that can be easily adapted to KTTS (juk and KTTS use the
> same audio plugin API).  Doing so would add OSS and Jack output
> capability to KTTS.  The problem is that adding aKode to KTTS would
> create a build dependency (in kde-accessibility) on kde-multimedia.

We do already have an optional build dependency on kdemultimedia: The
freeverb plugin of KSayIt depends on that package. Therefore please go
ahead with adding the aKode plugin. Just make sure that it is optional.

Gunnar Schmi Dt
--
Co-maintainer of the KDE Accessibility Project
Maintainer of the kdeaccessibility package