[Kde-accessibility] Accesskeys in online documentation

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Sun Jan 16 23:14:27 CET 2005

[Philip Rodrigues, Samstag, 15. Januar 2005 22:27]
> As far as I can see, the only one of these that really applies to the
> docs is 'Home',

Would it be possible to add the other keys as well by using hidden links
as I have done with www.kde.org?
Especially a hidden link to http://www.kde.org/media/accesskeys.php is
important, because accesskey 0 is often used as a standard to access a
page that describes all accesskeys in use.

Having the following on top of the page

and this on the bottom of the page would do the trick:

accesskey="0">Description of Access Keys</a> |

> so for the others ('Previous', 'Next' and 'Up'), I'd
> just use the first letter as accesskey, as I've done for the offline
> version. Would that be OK, or is there another standard which we could
> follow for this?

Yes, using these letters is fine, but we should document them on
http://www.kde.org/media/accesskeys.php

If these keys are localized, then the localized keys would also need to be
documented there, so maybe it is easier to keep them non-localized. I'm
not sure.

Olaf
--
KDE Accessibility Project