[Kde-accessibility] Question: How can I improve my app (kdeedu/kalzium)

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at gmx.de
Tue Jan 4 20:05:31 CET 2005

Hello

I am the author of Kalzium (kdeedu) and have no idea about accessibility. I
was asked on IRC to improve the situation for it to help some people who are
handicapped.

To get an idea what Kalzium is have a look at this picture.

http://ixcp.cip.biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de/niehaus/kalziumfeature.png

One idea I have to help people with problems with hand-eye-coordination is to
have something like minicli (the "ALT-F2"-thing of KDE). You enter eg. 72 and
press enter and Kalzium reacts like on a mouseclick. Perhaps this can be done
with Ctrl-up 72 Ctrl-down.

But there are probably a million things I could improve if you give me some
hints.

Please CC me for answers.

Carsten
--
 Zebras are colored with dark stripes on a light background.