[Kde-accessibility] KTTS obsolete festival plugins

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 08:21:05 CET 2005

I intend to remove the festival/ and festivalcs/ directories from the
kdeaccessibility/kttsd/ directory tree.  These directories are old versions
of Festival plugins that AFAIK, do not work.  Both are not built by default.
(The festivalint/ directory contains the Festival Interactive plugin, which
of course, does work.)

I need to remove them because they are confusing packagers, who are lead to
believe that kdeaccessibility has a build dependency on the Festival
libraries.  For example, the current SuSE RPMs for KDE 3.2 beta 2 have broken
the Festival Interactive plugin out into a separate RPM, which is completely
unnecessary.  The packager was probably confused by configure messages coming
from festival/configure.in.in.

So unless someone objects, I will nuke them.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer