[Kde-accessibility] KDE for blind people

Jean-Philippe Mengual mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Sun Dec 11 18:49:32 CET 2005

Hi,
I've used Linux for 1 year, and I like very much this OS. But in
text-mode, although it's great, there're programs which don't work
perfectly, especially for the Internet (I think of links).
I'm blind, so I don't have the choice just now. I'd like to use
firefox, so a graphic system. Since I use a Ýinuxfromscratch system, I
build KDE-3.4.1 (at least core-packages have this release). I built
art too (1.4).
In fact, I built that for person who would like to use my computer,
and who can see. But I hope, a day, have an access to KDE too.
I thought to gnopernicus, but it's more specific to gnome I think.
So, I'd like to know if you have a solution: how is  it possible to
have KDE, on speech-to-text or in braille? Is gnopernicus usable? Or
is there an equivalent on KDE?
If it's possible, I'd like, if you have a speech-to-text without
braille, a speech-to-text in French, because my KDE is in French.

To sum up: can a blind people have an access to KDE? If not, will it
come a day and when (about)? How can I have this access? What app are
accessible?

Thanks for info: I know well all right Linux in text-mode, but not
very good Linux in graphic. I didn't build Kdeaccessibility because it
didn't seem to have a solution for blind people, but rather for those
who see a little and have other handicaps.

Regards,
JP