[Kde-accessibility] getting text to speech software ????

Peter Korn Peter.Korn at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 6 17:12:55 CEST 2004

Hi Steven,

> Also, if you want somewhat better sounding speech and don't mind paying
> a small fee for proprietary S/W, you can investigate Cepstral and
> Fonix/DECTalk, both of which have $25 USD downloads IIRC.

Purchase Cepstral voices for $24.95 each at:
   http://nextup.com/Cepstral.html
Listen to a Cepstral demo at:
   http://www.cepstral.com/

Purchase DECTalk software runtime for Linux for $50 at:
   http://www.fonix.com/page.cfm?name=product_dectalk_rt_for_linux&ID=15
Listen to a DECtalk demo at the same page

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team