[Kde-accessibility] Re: Monochrome Icons

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Mon Nov 29 10:16:08 CET 2004

El Lunes 29 Noviembre 2004 00:33, Olaf Schmidt escribió:
> [Danny Allen, Sonntag, 28. November 2004 20:51]
>
> > I think it shows promise :)
>
> Indeed. This icon theme is beautiful, and the icons are easy to
> understand.
>
> I saw that there is text in some icons ("source", "hi...", "metafont").
I agree, in general. But there is no need to translate metaFONT, for
example. Either the user knows about TeX, or the file will be useless
anyway.

> This causes problems when translating KDE. The file endings like cpp are
> a special case, because they are the same in all languages, but
> application names like "kget" might also be translated. The name "ASCII"
> is the same in most languages, but I would still recommend to use a
> symbol instead because most people don't know what it means, whereas
> everyone would understand a picture of a text file.
>
> I was really impressed by the number of icons you have made. I found only
> very few coloured icons after applying your theme. And the icons you have
> made for KDE Accessibility applications are actually far more beautiful
> than our original ones...

With a bit of work, this could be the first 'themable' KDE icon set.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                            - Enoch Root