[Kde-accessibility] Gnopernicus for KDE (in the distant future)?

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 16 21:00:06 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 20:18 +0100, Mario Fux wrote:

> > I am not sure that it makes sense to create separate assistive technologies
> > for GNOME and KDE - it would seem to be better to collaborate and share
> > as much
> > code as is feasible in this area.
>
> I think absolutely in the same way as you. There's nothing worse than double
> made work.
> But what do you think about a qt/kde frontend for Gnopernicus or GOK?

For GOK this would be difficult since GOK's button widgets rely heavily
on glib/gdk interaction.  For gnopernicus I don't see much value since
the gnopernicus graphical UI is very small and quite secondary to its
primary function.

Of course you could re-implement the gnopernicus preferences menus, but
most users will be using number-pad key shortcuts to control things, and
not looking so much at the GUI.

- Bill