[Kde-accessibility] Gnopernicus for KDE (in the distant future)?

Bill Haneman Bill.Haneman at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 15 11:56:17 CET 2004

Mario Fux wrote:

>Salve
>
>Is there something as Gnopernicus [1] planned for KDE in the distant future
>(KDE 4.x and later) ?

When the KDE Accessibility work begun by Harald Fernengel is more complete
(at the moment the KDE/Qt 4 timeframe is planned, I believe), then
gnopernicus should work fine with KDE applications.  This should be true of
all the "GNOME" assistive technologies (ATs), since KDE and GNOME will be
sharing the same interfaces at the level that is seen by the AT.

I am not sure that it makes sense to create separate assistive technologies
for GNOME and KDE - it would seem to be better to collaborate and share
as much
code as is feasible in this area.

best regards,

- Bill