[Kde-accessibility] Re: Feedback on qatkbridge snapshot

Harald Fernengel harry at bnro.de
Sun Mar 14 18:23:36 CET 2004

Hi,

ojschmidt at kde.org wrote:

> Good. Do you know when the first Qt 4 snapshots will be available?

around Mai/June.

> Very good. Will every application have to write a qt plug-in for custom
> widgets or will there be a way to make widgets accessible without
> creating a second binary?

You can register accessible wrappers at runtime, no more need for
external libraries.

> Providing one plug-in for all of KDE doesn't seem to be possible because
> of dependency issues, unless accessibility information can be provided
> in subclassed widgets themselves - or which exactly is the way you
> recommend using?

Accessibility will be compiled into Qt 4 by default, so I don't see
dependency problems. KDE can rely that the accessible interfaces are
there and usable, if the user doesn't want that, we can add a
"--no-accessiblity" switch or something.

Best regards,
Harald