[Kde-accessibility] KTTSD does not speak, no way to debug

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Thu Jul 29 22:37:54 CEST 2004

On Thursday 29 July 2004 04:07 pm, Robert Vogl wrote:
> Yes, I did (I know the kspeech API, because I plan to write a KTTSD plugin
> for KSayIt).

I would have thought you'd do it the other way 'round.  In other words, modify
KSayIt to use KTTSD (as an option, similar to KMouth).  The KDE Speech API,
although not "officicially" complete, is "stable" IMHO.

BTW, do you have any plans to move KSayIt into the KDE CVS repository?  The
last time (months ago) I tried to download and build KSayIt, I had no luck.
Dependency problems as I recall.  If it were in KDE CVS, I would think it
would get more attention and support.

> Thanks for your hints. I will follow your advices and contact you if I got
> an idea what's going wrong.
>
> > FYI, KTTSD is undergoing major refactoring right now to better support
> > asynchronous plugins.  I will be posting enhanced APIs in a few days.

I'm definitely interested in why it is not working for you.  Drop by
#kde-accessibility at irc.kde.org and we can work the problem in realtime.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer