[Kde-accessibility] Changing konqueror's accesskeys system

bj at altern.org bj at altern.org
Wed Jul 28 02:39:12 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 10.24, ojschmidt at kde.org wrote:
> Sorry for my late response to your access key suggestion.
ok, it was worth the wait.

> Gunnar suggested that this is easiest to implement if you use
> KApplication::keyboardModifiers()
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

I just commited the change
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cvs&m=109096685719468&w=2)
It should now work fine with or without sticky keys.
I will now submit my "display accesskeys as tooltips" patch on the kfm-devel
mailing list, and if it is accepted, we should end up with a quite usable
accesskey implementation.

> The code you suggested has the problem that it does not work if you run
> Konqueror from within GNOME or if the ctrl modifier gets activated
> without a keypress (for example using Gunnar's new keyboard status
> applet in kdenonbeta/kbstateapplet).
Could'nt make it work with the applet, since it doesn't seem to emit key
events (press or release) there is no way for khtml to detect that the
accesskey system should be activated... (since it is normally activated when
the ctrl key is released)

Regards, Jean-Baptiste