[Kde-accessibility] ktts - literature

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 00:06:51 CET 2004

On Monday 27 December 2004 07:05 am, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Dnia piątek, 24 grudnia 2004 01:04, Gary Cramblitt napisał:
> > Good!  I will add this to the KDE Handbook and add support for encoding
> > option in Festival Interactive plugin.  Are you set up to build from
> > CVS?
>
> Yes.

OK, I've added an Encoding option to the KTTS Festival Interactive plugin.
Please give the Polish voice a try and let me know how it is working.  Be
sure that ISO 8859-2 is set (which should auto default).  I don't speak
Polish, but it seems to be working.

It is still speaking punctuation however.  Need to figure out a good solution
to this.  Ought to be fixed in the voice/synth, I think.  Will email
festival-talk mailing list for advice.

One thing I have noticed is that Festival does not seem to honor (work with)
LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and sending it utf8 text.

> > The Command plugin already has an option for encoding.  Did you choose
> > 8859-2?
>
> Yes.

Still need to look into this some more.  When you run KTTSMgr/KTTSD, do you
have LANG=pl_PL.iso8859-2 ?

> IMO it is important to automatically recognize page/element language to
> switch to proper voice. In bko is bug report about that but focused on
> spell checking but interface for language would be very valuable also
> for KTTSD.

Its on the TODO list.

Regards.

--