[Kde-accessibility] ktts - literature

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Dec 27 13:05:19 CET 2004

Dnia piątek, 24 grudnia 2004 01:04, Gary Cramblitt napisał:

> Good!  I will add this to the KDE Handbook and add support for encoding
> option in Festival Interactive plugin.  Are you set up to build from
> CVS?

Yes.

> > Important thing for KDE: text MUST be in ISO-8859-2 encoding. NOT
> > utf-8.
> >
> > Now returning to 1st point from previous letter - pre-plugins. I don't
> > know why but this voice doesn't accept many special signs, eg. . and
> > , reads literally - kropka (dot), przecinek (comma); breaks on all
> > types of brackets, etc. There have to be possibility to filter those
> > signs out. I will try to write or get script and send it later.
> >
> > I was able to add this voice through 'Command' option but it doesn't
> > read Polish diacritics - probably issues with encoding.
>
> The Command plugin already has an option for encoding.  Did you choose
> 8859-2?

Yes.

> Send me some sample text please.  Probably have to put it in a file and
> attach to avoid mail mangling.

Attached (zipped).
Encoding is in iso-8859-2, two parts. First short three sentences
contain all Polish diacritics, second part is regular text of news from
linuxnews.pl.

IMO it is important to automatically recognize page/element language to
switch to proper voice. In bko is bug report about that but focused on
spell checking but interface for language would be very valuable also
for KTTSD.

This is bug 77759, I think it would be very good to implement this for
3.4. Please, vote for it.

m.