[Kde-accessibility] Code and icon move to kdelibs and kdebase

Kenneth Wimer wimer at suse.de
Wed Dec 15 22:34:37 CET 2004

* Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> [Dec 15. 2004 22:07]:
> On Wednesday 15 December 2004 20:59, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> > * Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt at kde.org> [Dec 15. 2004 19:45]:
> > > The Flat icon theme from kdelook.org
> > > ( from http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=18317 )
> > > -> kdelibs/pics/monochrome/
> > >
> > > Note that these icons are 12MB uncompressed and 2MB compressed, so
> > > I would strongly prefer to have feedback at least on this one. They
> > > could also go to kdeaccessibility, but since all other settings
> > > related to high contrast settings for partially sighted people are
> > > currently in kdelibs, it might make more sense to move the icons
> > > there, too.
> > >
> > > There are still some things in the Flat icon theme that need to be
> > > changed, and the author is very open to feedback. He is currently
> > > working on the suggested improvements according to feedback on
> > > kde-accessibility. There was very few feedback on kde-artists on
> > > this. I hope some more artists will comment on this, offering
> > > suggestions how to improve it after the move.
> >
> > I think that they should be inlcuded in kdelibs, just like every
> > other icon theme.
>
> You mean just like Locolor, Technical, ikons, kdeclassic, kids and slick
> which are all in kdeartwork? The only icon theme that is currently in
> kdelibs is crystalsvg.

Yeah, I must have left reality for a minute there. I meant to say that
it should be included in kdelibs like the other official icon themes,
like the default (crystal), and hicolor. There is already a dir for
locolor. so perhaps we should improve the semantics fo the directory
naming and inlcude them there.

Actually AFAIK we removed Technical to make space for something better,
but that is beside the point. I do think that this theme should go into
kdelibs, becuase of its importance.

Bye,
Kenneth

--