[Kde-accessibility] Help for people with sight problems

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Wed Dec 8 20:32:10 CET 2004

[Aaron Seigo, Mittwoch, 8. Dezember 2004 20:14]
> perhaps add a StartupId::highlightCursor() which uses the
> drawing/timeout routines but uses an appropriate animation sequence for
> drawing attention to the cursor?

My first idea was to write a very small application that opens an
unmanaged circle-shaped window filled with the highlighted foreground and
background colour of the current colour scheme.

The application could be assigned to any key sequence or mouse gesture in
kcontrol. Alternatively it could be a system tray application checking
the current status of the modifier keys without grabbing them.

Doing this as an external application would be easier to write for me, and
I could send it to people for testing even before KDE 3.4 is released.
The disadvantage would be that people using it would have to assign it to
a key combination first. (Or can we define one by default even if the
application is shipped in kdeaccessibility, not kdebase?)

Olaf
--
KDE Accessibility Project