[Kde-accessibility] Help for people with sight problems

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Dec 8 20:14:44 CET 2004

On December 8, 2004 12:06, Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> Hi Anders!
>
> Thank you very much for your suggestion. Currently we don't have a program
> for this, but it is a very good idea.
>
> We have feature freeze for KDE 3.4 in ten days, so I cannot promise that I
> will manage to implement it in time, but it should possible to do this as
> an application that can be installed on a given KDE system without
> upgrading the kdelibs themselves.

i wonder, actually, if this shouldn't just go into kdesktop itself. that's
where the startup notification blinky cursur comes from (look at
kdebase/kdesktop/startupid.cpp) ... perhaps add a
StartupId::highlightCursor() which uses the drawing/timeout routines but uses
an appropriate animation sequence for drawing attention to the cursor?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric