[Kde-accessibility] Help for people with sight problems

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Wed Dec 8 19:56:40 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 06:34:26PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> >Does KDE have a similar feature to help spot where the pointer is on the
> >screen?
> >If not, is such a feature then planned and can anything be done to get
> >this feature here and now?
> This feature is available in GNOME - but it conflicts with assistive

Hmm.. but I like KDE, not Gnome, and I'm the one that's suppose to
administrate and support it, so that's no good :)

> technologies because it issues a passive grab on the control key.  The
> conflict is less than it was originally because the grab parameters were
> made more general - but such a feature must be implemented with caution.

It wouldn't neccesarily have to be the control key, neither would it
have to be holding a key for more than a few seconds. At least for the
purpose we are looking to use it for, an ordinary shortcut combo
(ie. alt-control-m) could do the trick. It's the functionality we are
hoping to find, the implementation is less important.

But from your reply I am guessing that this is not a feature to expect
in a KDE release soon?

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41