[Kde-accessibility] KTTSD does not speak, no way to debug

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 03:15:43 CEST 2004

On Saturday 31 July 2004 10:13 am, Robert Vogl wrote:
> I think the whole KDE-Multimedia stuff is a mystery. In particular if you
> try to run it in threads. I think most of that KDE stuff is not
> thread-save. I also had to make some modifications in KSayIt and it seems
> to me I found a reliable solution now. I can send you the code, if you are
> interested.

Code changes to KTTSD?  Yes, please.  I have broadband, so file size is not an
issue.

> How's the handling of those wave files? It should be avoided to blow up the
> / tmp/-dir with terrabytes of old wave files from KTTSD.

It will clean up behind itself.

Would you be interested in testing the latest version of KTTSD?  I've made the
changes I described, which pretty much touched everything and should take
care of the issue you encountered, since the Hadifax plugin no longer runs in
a separate thread.   It would be nice if someone tested before I commit to
cvs.  If you want to test, I will send you a tar file.

Regards.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer