[Kde-accessibility] documentation of QAccessible and friends

Pupeno pupeno@kde.org
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:55:26 -0500

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 17:18, Bill Haneman wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 21:48, Pupeno wrote:
>
> > Can you gave us an overview of the things MSAA is missing ATK has that =
we
> > will have to add to QAccessible and friends ?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> I think it would make more sense to ask the question of QAccessible
> (since it might not implement all of MSAA either); again, the Mozilla
> team would have more insights here since they have actually done the
> extension work.  I don't feel that I can give a comprehensive answer
> right now since at the moment I don't have ready access to the MSAA API
> docs (they unpack as windows .exe files).
>
> If you compare the ATK interface to the Qt interfaces you can probably
> find some of the differences; for instance ATK has a separate interface
> for 'AtkComponent' whereas Qt/MSAA does not; also I believe that MSAA
> only supports a "default" action for UI components whereas ATK supports
> any number of actions on a single component.  Likewise I don't think
> MSAA supports as rich a text (AtkEditableText and AtkText) or table
> (AtkTable) interface as ATK.

I think here we have a substancial diference here since there is not a sing=
le=20
Q object that represents one of those objects.
=2D From what I think, Qt Accessibility works in a more generic way not hav=
ing a=20
class for each type of object but being the parameters of the functions of=
=20
the generic class what let's you deal with diferent types of objects.
Volker, can you please help me with this ?
If you need the atk documentation to compera, it is here:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/atk/book1.html

> Can you point me to QAccessible API documentation (other than the
> document you are preparing)?  THen I can help answer these questions for
> Qt directly.  For instance we need good documentation on the events that
> QAccessible sends and can send, etc.
The three classes involved are:
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qaccessible.html
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qaccessibleinterface.html
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.1/qaccessibleobject.html

Thanks.
=2D --=20
Pupeno: pupeno@kde.org
KDE Accessibility co-maintainer
http://accessibility.kde.org
=2D ---
Help the hungry children of Argentina,
please go to (and make it your homepage):
http://www.porloschicos.com/servlet/PorLosChicos?comando=3Ddonar