[Kde-accessibility] documentation of QAccessible and friends

Bill Haneman bill.haneman@sun.com
05 Mar 2003 22:18:05 +0000

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 21:48, Pupeno wrote:
> Can you gave us an overview of the things MSAA is missing ATK has that we will
> have to add to QAccessible and friends ?
>
> Thanks.

I think it would make more sense to ask the question of QAccessible
(since it might not implement all of MSAA either); again, the Mozilla
team would have more insights here since they have actually done the
extension work.  I don't feel that I can give a comprehensive answer
right now since at the moment I don't have ready access to the MSAA API
docs (they unpack as windows .exe files).

If you compare the ATK interface to the Qt interfaces you can probably
find some of the differences; for instance ATK has a separate interface
for 'AtkComponent' whereas Qt/MSAA does not; also I believe that MSAA
only supports a "default" action for UI components whereas ATK supports
any number of actions on a single component.  Likewise I don't think
MSAA supports as rich a text (AtkEditableText and AtkText) or table
(AtkTable) interface as ATK.

Can you point me to QAccessible API documentation (other than the
document you are preparing)?  THen I can help answer these questions for
Qt directly.  For instance we need good documentation on the events that
QAccessible sends and can send, etc.

regards,

Bill

--