[Kde-accessibility] do we need menubar in kmag?

Sarang Lakare sarang@users.sourceforge.net
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 00:17:49 -0500

Hi guys,

This topic was raised recently on the list and I wanted your opinion. Earlier
versions of kmag had a menubar, but then I decided to get rid of it since it
was not serving any purpose. kmag is not a file driven appication.. there are
no files to open or close, so I decided to just have a toolbar.

Here is what I plan for the future:

1. As Iain Murray suggested, kmag will have a separate window with all the
options since it will be easy for those with vision problems to locate the
options all in one place. To open the option window, I will add a button to
the right of "selection window" (bottom).

2. I will add two profiles to kmag. One for visibility impaired people and the
other for graphics designers/image processing researchers who just need it
for zooming a part of the screen. We can also have two desktop files which go
in different places in the menu.

So the bottomline is that I do not think the menubar is necessary. It simply
wastes screen space.

Regards,
Sarang

Sarang Lakare
mailto:sarang@users#sourceforge.net
web:http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~lsarang/linux
!!Join the fight for freedom - Go GNU/Linux!!