[Kde-accessibility] kdeaccessibility release cycle

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar@schmi-dt.de
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:38:58 +0100

Hello Jeff, hello Sarang!

Some days ago I sent a mail to the kde-accessibility mailing list in whic=
h I=20
wrote down some dates together with the request to tell whether these dat=
es=20
are ok for you.

As I did not hear anything from you, I want to ask you to tell me whether=
 you=20
can manage to provide a stable versions for this time schedule or whether=
 you=20
think that it is better for you to wait some time with the schedule.

For the case that you are not yet on the kde-accessibility mailing list, =
I=20
append the dates once again below.

My plan is to release a first version of kdeaccessibility in february or =
march=20
so that we can after that discuss with the core developers about becoming=
 an=20
official part of KDE 3.2. It would be good if we would already have stabl=
e=20
versions of our three applications in that release.

Gunnar Schmi Dt

The dates (as I wrote in the mail to the list) are as follows:

 1) Import the stable (or close-to-stable) versions of the applications=20
(KMouth, kmag, KMouseTool) into kdeaccessibility (e.g. until Fri, Jan, 17=
)
2) branch for 3.0, 3.1 and head and make sure that the branches run (e.g.=
=20
until Fri, Jan, 24)
3) do a i18n-string freeze on Fri, Jan, 24
3) produce a pre-release of kdeaccessibility without translations on that=
 week=20
end (until at latest Mon, Jan, 27)
4) produce a release candidate (with translations) three weeks later (tak=
e the=20
CVS version of Fri, Feb 14, publish the release candidate by at latest Mo=
n,=20
Feb, 17)
5) if all works fine, produce the final version of kdeaccessibility one w=
eek=20
later (take the CVS version of Fri, Feb 21, publish the release by at lat=
est=20
Mon, Feb, 24)
6) Discontinue that releases unless for bugfixes.
7) If tere are unstable versions of the applications outside kdeaccessibi=
lity=20
import them into kdeaccessibility.
8) Go on developing the head branch to reach another stable point in 3.2,=
=20
possibly with the freeze dates of the 3.2 release cycle.