[Kde-accessibility] Patches for docs

Iain Murray iain@ece.curtin.edu.au
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:57:38 +0800

--Apple-Mail-6-503065583

Hi
  I have had a look around at other guides (IBM,Apple etc) they separate
on not so much disability but access method. For example learning
difficulties, such as dyslexia, may use some of the same aspects as
vision disabilities in the voice output. Keyboard access  is important
for most disabilities etc
How about I start importing some of the existing material (c)
permitting rather than just point to it? I dont know about you but I
like "all in one docs" rather than jumping all over the place.
I will fill in the keyboard accessibility bits if you like. The bits
listed as
General Assistance

General Keyboard Navigation tips

Accelerator keys, khotkeys, customizing keybindings
What format will we be doing this in?
Regards

Much of the rest of the content of the gnome guide seems more
appropriate for mobility impairments perhaps
On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 10:29  PM, Lauri Watts wrote:

> On Monday 03 February 2003 03:32, you wrote:
>> Hi
>> Sounds like something I may actually be able to help with (at last ;-)
>> ) I would be pleased to help out with a KDE accessibility guide in any
>> way I can.
>>

> Ok, consider yourself assimilated!
>
> Here's the GNOME accesibility guide, which I'm looking at using as a
> base for
> ideas:
> http://www.gnome.org/learn/access-guide/2.0/
>
> I'm giving the link, because it took me a long time to find it.  Not
> very
> accessible :)
>
> Before I work up an outline, here's what I think should be decided:
>
> Are the divisions between types of disabilities given sensible for KDE?
> I think yes, (and I also found, reading this document and comparing
> with KDE,
> that KDE provides far more accessibility features built in than many
> might
> think at first glance)   This could also provide something of a roadmap
> pointing out things that are missing.
>
> The rest, is very much a matter of getting the writing done.  I've put
> a (very
> brief) outline here for discussion.
>
> http://people.fruitsalad.org/lauri/accessibility_outline.html
>
> Once it's been decided the general layout and topic divisions are
> fine, I'll
> mark it all up, and we can get writing.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Lauri Watts
> KDE Documentation: http://i18n.kde.org/doc/
> KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/<mime-attachment>
Iain Murray
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Curtin University of Technology
GPO Box U1987
Perth 6845 WA
Australia
Ph +61 8 92664540
Fax +61 92662584
email i.murray@ece.curtin.edu.au

[...]

for mobility impairments perhaps </bigger></fontfamily>

Sounds like something I may actually be able to help with (at last ;-)

) I would be pleased to help out with a KDE accessibility guide in any

way I can.

</excerpt>

[...]

</excerpt>Iain Murray