[Kde-accessibility] Patches for docs

Lauri Watts lauri@kde.org
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:29:19 +0100

--Boundary-02=_DznP+nTRtNUinIU

On Monday 03 February 2003 03:32, you wrote:
> Hi
> Sounds like something I may actually be able to help with (at last ;-)
> ) I would be pleased to help out with a KDE accessibility guide in any
> way I can.

Ok, consider yourself assimilated!

Here's the GNOME accesibility guide, which I'm looking at using as a base f=
or=20
ideas:
http://www.gnome.org/learn/access-guide/2.0/=20

I'm giving the link, because it took me a long time to find it.  Not very=20
accessible :)

Before I work up an outline, here's what I think should be decided:

Are the divisions between types of disabilities given sensible for KDE?
I think yes, (and I also found, reading this document and comparing with KD=
E,=20
that KDE provides far more accessibility features built in than many might=
=20
think at first glance)   This could also provide something of a roadmap=20
pointing out things that are missing.

The rest, is very much a matter of getting the writing done.  I've put a (v=
ery=20
brief) outline here for discussion.

http://people.fruitsalad.org/lauri/accessibility_outline.html

Once it's been decided the general layout and topic divisions are fine, I'l=
l=20
mark it all up, and we can get writing.

Regards,
=2D-=20