[Kde-accessibility] building kmag vs. qt2, 3 kde2, 3

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar at schmi-dt.de
Wed Aug 6 01:19:33 CEST 2003

Hello,

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 19:56, Geo S wrote:
> My apologies if this is the wrong distribution list to which to direct my
> question.  Please let me know if there is another more appropriate.

Well, as KMagnifier is obviously an accessibility related application this is
certainly a good place to ask. However, we are only few developers in the
accessibility project, so don't expect a quick solution.

An other list where you can find more developers is the kde-devel @ kde.org
mailing list. However, that list is only more appropriate if the problem is a
more general one as most of those developers don't know the details of
KMagnifier.

> I have been running into trouble building kmag against varying combinations
> of qt 2 and 3 and kde 2 and 3.  For example, building kmag against qt3 on
> kde2.  Is there documentation or discussion threads regarding this?

Which version of Qt, KDE and KMagnifier are you using? I know that KDE 3.x
requires Qt3.x, and I would expect that KDE 2.x needs Qt 2.x (and does not
work together with Qt 3.x), but I might be wrong there.

Concerning KMagnifier I heard that it works together with any KDE version >=
2.2. However, I did only use KMagnifier since it has become part of the
kdeaccessibility package and I tested it only against KDE 3.0 (with Qt 3.0),
KDE 3.1 (with Qt3.1) and KDE HEAD (with Qt 3.1).

 Please note that the configure scripts of the kdeaccessibility module are
currently written for KDE 3.x, so you might need to do some changes in order
to compile the CVS version of KMagnifier together with KDE 2.2.

> Without going into the minutiae, the issues I'm having difficulty with are
> trying to get the following to work properly:
>
> * kdeversion.h include
> * KDE_NO_COMPAT, KDE_VERSION, and QT_VERSION macros
> * kapp.h vs. kapplication.h includes
> * QContextMenuEvent
> * ktoolbar and qmainwindow

Unfortunately your information does not help me in finding the source of the
problem. Perhaps you can tell us the version numbers and provide some output
of the compilation etc.

> If you know of documentation that may illuminate any of the above, please
> let me know.
> Much thanks,
>
> Geo

Gunnar Schmi Dt
- --
Co-maintainer of the KDE Accessibility Project
Maintainer of the kdeaccessibility package
http://accessibility.kde.org/