[Kde-accessibility] Proklam screenshots

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar@schmi-dt.de
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:17:01 +0200

Hello.

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 01:06, Pupeno wrote:
> [...]
> You select the speech synth you want to use (the plug in) and then the
> language for which you want to use (some plug ins may share a list of
> languages that will only be available in the languages combo), once you
> selected both options, you press add an a tab is added at the top.
> [...]

I think it is confusing if you only display those languages that the synt=
h=20
supports. (From the screen shots I would have first tried to select the=20
language and than the speech synth.) But the other way round (to only dis=
play=20
those speech synths that support the selected language) may be confusing,=
=20
too, if you display both combo boxes next to each other.

I think there are three possibilities to resolve this problem:
1. Let the user select a language and a speech synth without checking if =
that=20
combination is usable. (Maybe the "Add" button can be disabled for invali=
d=20
combinations).

2. Let the user add a speech synth. In order to select a language for tha=
t=20
synth, a combobox for the language can be added to the tab of the speech=20
synth.

3. Let the user add a language. In the top of the tab of the language is =
a=20
combo box for selecting the speech synth.

I would prefer the third possibility, but the first is ok, too. The secon=
d may=20
be confusing if the rest of Proklam is language-centered.

Gunnar Schmi Dt