[Kde-accessibility] my crazy thoughts

Philippe FREMY P.FREMY@OBERTHURCS.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:28:10 +0100

Bill, thank you for the clarifications.

I think it is important, for political and promotional reasons, that we
insist on the fact that ATK is not part of Gnome but just a generic
framework built around glib and orbit, developped inside the Gnome CVS.

I am sure the slashdot crowd will pick this as "KDE depends on Gnome" and I
would like to avoid it as much as I can.

All I see happening here is very interesting. I am glad to see Trolltech,
KDE and Sun cooperating on this and I am glad that we have an opportunity to
bring something better than what exist on windows to people with
disabilities. I remember blind people complaining about the price of
assistive devices. I hope we will be part of the movement that will change
that.

I think I'll do a chapter in the next kde-traffic to sum-up what has
happened here. And I think I'll ask all of you to participate in a big
interview, basically to repeat all the information that were posted here.

	regards,

	Philippe