[Kde-accessibility] Maintainer

Iain Murray i.murray@ece.curtin.edu.au
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:59:21 +0800

--------------000200030100040300060200

Hi all
This seems to make sense, I think we should pick a "team leader" though,
how about you JP? That shouldn't require extra work just gives
focus/contact point.
I like the awareness-raising task, I was thinking of writing up a newbie
tutorial on programming in KDE emphising design for accessibility. This
I would do as I attempt to learn linux programming myself. (Ahh those
microcontrollers are so much more fun!) What do you think?

JP Schnapper-Casteras wrote:

>Dear all,
>        Since Olaf, Iain, and Pupeno are all interested in different parts
>of maintaining, why don't all _four_ of us (myself included) co-maintain?
>That way, if someone is busy or their interest declines for a bit, then the
>other three are still there.  This would require explicit division of work
>(i.e., making clear who is doing what) and clear communicating and updates
>(i.e., "I'm going to be busy, can someone take this task over), but I don't
>think that should be a problem.  I also see no reason why we need to pick
>just one of you to maintain - we can all work together and since we all have
>busy "real lives" :) co-maintaining will allow for continuity in leadership.
>It seems to me that you have suggested interest in the following subjects
>(correct me if I'm wrong):
>
>Olaf: Web site re-design  and re-organization
>Pupeno: Proklam work
>Iain: Not programming tasks - perhaps coordinating integration into KDE
>proper and communication / awareness-raising into the KDE community?
>Me: Liason to various other groups, events, etc.
>
>Also, Gunnar: AT-SPI discussion
>
>What do you think?  Is this feasible / sensible?
>
>If you think co-maintaining is a good idea, perhaps we should start the
>transition and revamping of the project off by having an IRC meeting?
>
>Best
>
>--JP
>
>Cell: 206-849-9032
>Web: http://www.stanford.edu/~jpsc
>LARS: http://trace.wisc.edu/linux
>FDAWG: http://www.speechinfo.org/fdawg

** The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better" -- so I installed Linux **

Iain Murray
Lecturer & Computer Systems Manager
Curtin University of Technology
GPO Box U1987
Perth 6845
Ph +61 8 92664540
Fax +61 8 9266 2584

I.Murray@ece.curtin.edu.au
CRICOS provider code: 00301J

--------------000200030100040300060200

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi all<br>
This seems to make sense, I think we should pick a "team leader" though,
how about you JP? That shouldn't require extra work just gives focus/contact
point. <br>
I like the awareness-raising task, I was thinking of writing up a newbie
tutorial on programming in KDE emphising design for accessibility. This I
would do as I attempt to learn linux programming myself. (Ahh those microcontrollers
are so much more fun!) What do you think?<br>
JP Schnapper-Casteras wrote:<br>
 cite="midJIEPLJOMGGPEDBCOPDLJGEFACDAA.jpsc@stanford.edu">
  <pre wrap="">Dear all,

Web: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.stanford.edu/~jpsc">http://www.stanford.edu/~jpsc</a>