[Kde-accessibility] Maintainer

JP Schnapper-Casteras jpsc@stanford.edu
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:51:53 -0800

Dear all,
        Since Olaf, Iain, and Pupeno are all interested in different parts
of maintaining, why don't all _four_ of us (myself included) co-maintain?
That way, if someone is busy or their interest declines for a bit, then the
other three are still there.  This would require explicit division of work
(i.e., making clear who is doing what) and clear communicating and updates
(i.e., "I'm going to be busy, can someone take this task over), but I don't
think that should be a problem.  I also see no reason why we need to pick
just one of you to maintain - we can all work together and since we all have
busy "real lives" :) co-maintaining will allow for continuity in leadership.
It seems to me that you have suggested interest in the following subjects
(correct me if I'm wrong):

Olaf: Web site re-design  and re-organization
Pupeno: Proklam work
Iain: Not programming tasks - perhaps coordinating integration into KDE
proper and communication / awareness-raising into the KDE community?
Me: Liason to various other groups, events, etc.

Also, Gunnar: AT-SPI discussion

What do you think?  Is this feasible / sensible?

If you think co-maintaining is a good idea, perhaps we should start the
transition and revamping of the project off by having an IRC meeting?

Best

--JP

Cell: 206-849-9032
Web: http://www.stanford.edu/~jpsc